Global Food Security
The Global Food Security (GFS) programme aims to meet the challenge of providing the world's growing population with a sustainable, secure supply of good quality food from less land and with lower inputs.
The programme brings together the UK's main public funders of food-related research and training to deliver co-ordinated, multidisciplinary research through four key themes:
- Economic resilience.
- Resource efficiency.
- Sustainable production.
- Sustainable, healthy and safe diets.
RCUK Energy Programme
The RCUK Energy Programme aims to position the UK to meet its energy and environmental targets and policy goals through world-class research and training. The four key objectives of this multidisciplinary cross-council initiative are:
- to support a full spectrum of energy research to help the UK meet the objectives and targets set out in the 2007 Energy White Paper
- to work in partnership to contribute to the research and postgraduate training needs of energy-related businesses and other key stakeholders
- to increase the international visibility and level of international collaboration within the UK energy research portfolio
- to expand UK research capacity in energy-related areas.