Announcement of opportunity: Highlight topics - second round
NERC invites proposals for the second round of highlight topics, a route for funding strategic research. Highlight topics focus strategic research on defined subject areas, and will be delivered through independent projects.
The highlight topics in this call are:
- Evolutionary biotic response to environmental change: limits to adaptation.
- Coastal morphology: coastal sediment budgets and their role in coastal recovery.
- Quantifying climate risk for adaptation and resilience planning.
- Closing the global methane budget.
- Reducing uncertainty in the integrity of potential carbon capture and storage sites.
NERC has allocated £16m to this call and a maximum of £4m (cost to NERC) is available per highlight topic. There are more highlight topics than funding is available for, so not all highlight topics will necessarily result in funded grants. This is to ensure that only the very best research is funded.
Notification of intent to submit a proposal must be received by 16:00 on 21 September 2015.
Proposals must be submitted via the research councils' Je-S system by 16:00 on 8 October 2015.
Please see the Announcement of Opportunity for full details.
For further information about this Announcement of Opportunity, please contact: