Water in Future Cities - RCUK Water Showcase 2015
30 June 2015, 09:30-18:00 (Tuesday)
The Crystal, Royal Victoria Dock, London
This event has now closed
By invitation only
Fifty years from now, in the face of population growth and climate change, cities will need to meet fundamental water needs in supply, wastewater treatment and drainage services, whilst safeguarding water's benefits in health, wellbeing and biodiversity.
This event brought together policymakers, businesses and researchers to explore five distinctive visions for these cities of the future:
- Vision 1 - Green Food & Garden Cityscapes
- Vision 2 - Flood-proof Cities
- Vision 3 - Smart Homes & City Networks
- Vision 4 - Cities & the Underworld
- Vision 5 - Community Transition Cities
Parallel workshops on Business of Water in Cities explored possible routes to realise these visions by:
- Discovering the latest knowledge on infrastructure planning and business models.
- Finding out about finance and funding available for innovation.
- Selecting innovative water services or products for national competition.
- Exploring water interdependencies.
As in previous RCUK water showcases, this year's event will facilitate dialogue and collaborations between researchers and research users in industry, government and third sector. Please see the full conference agenda below (revised 17 April 2015).
This event was sponsored by Research Councils UK, the Research & Innovation group of the UK Water Partnership (led by NERC on behalf of the research councils), Atkins, and the Knowledge Transfer Network.
For more information please contact: