Current open calls
The following funding calls are currently open for applications:
- Added-value activities in innovation for DTPs and CDTs
- Environmental Science Impact Programme call
- Environmental Risks to Infrastructure - Innovation call
- Open and Directed Innovation Internships
- UK Aquaculture Initiative: Innovation Projects call
NERC promotes and encourages exchange of knowledge through its mainstream activities of:
- publishing scientific papers and information notes;
- training PhD students and postdoctoral scientists;
- building formal and informal links with its user community, eg through meetings and conferences.
NERC also provides funding for specific knowledge exchange activities including training, people and knowledge flow and networks; collaborative research with users; and commercialisation.
Environmental Science Impact Programme
The Environmental Science Impact Programme (ESIP) is dedicated to bringing research organisations together with businesses, policy bodies and other actors contributing to economic development specific to their location to deliver significant regional impact from NERC environmental science.
Awards totalling £2·5-£5m are available to research organisations over 5 years to boost impact from NERC environmental science.
People & capacity
Project highlights and impact
Innovation grant award-holders are asked to complete the below form at the end of their project in order to capture the key highlights and impact of their work.
If you would like to receive updates about Innovation and Knowledge Exchange news and funding opportunities please sign up to the Innovation email alerts.