Industrial CASE Studentship Competition
Please note the 2016 call is now closed. The below documents are provided for reference only and are subject to minor changes for the 2017 competition round. Please check back on the call opening date for the updated 2017 documents.
NERC studentships can be delivered in collaboration with non-academic partners from the private, public and third/civil sectors; where studentships are delivered in collaboration they are referred to as 'CASE studentships'. CASE studentships provide the PhD students with enhanced training opportunities by ensuring they spend between three and eighteen months in total with their CASE partner in a workplace outside the academic environment.
Next funding opportunity
Call open: 2 May 2017.
Call close: 6 July 2017.
2016 Industrial CASE Studentship Competition
Call status: closed.
The information and documents provided below are for information purposes only.
Please see the guidance for applicants document below for full details of this call. Applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
- research excellence (30%)
- training excellence and multidisciplinary training environments (30%)
- collaboration and impact (20%)
- student recruitment, monitoring and management (20%)
- For the 2016-17 competition there have been some changes to both the guidance and application forms. Please read these documents carefully before submitting your application.
- Please note, CASE partner financial contributions are to be paid to the lead Research Organisation to supplement the studentship and project, and will no longer be paid directly to the student.
- In most instances organisations eligible for Research Council funding cannot act as a CASE partner. This includes NERC Research Centres (BAS, BGS, CEH, NCAS, NCEO, NOC)
All proposals should include a case for support, using the 'case for support form', and the 'Industrial CASE non-academic partner form'. Both forms are provided below. Applications must be submitted via the research councils' joint electronic submission system (Je-S).
The assessment panel will meet on the 12-14 October 2016. Applicants will be notified of the outcomes by the end of October 2016.
For further information, please contact NERC Research Careers Team at email@example.com.