Logos and images
NERC and research centre logos are available for download - see the links below.
Images* used on this site are either NERC copyright, or used by NERC under licence from suppliers who retain the copyright. No image* should be reused without permission - please see the Copyright page for more details.
* The term 'image' refers to all photographs, diagrams, graphics and animations in any format.
The NERC, BGS, and CEH trade marks and logos ('the Trademarks') used and displayed on this site are registered trademarks of NERC in the UK and other countries, and may not be used without the prior written consent of the Trademark owner.
Using logos electronically
It is important to use logos consistently to give a strong corporate feel - but easy to get it wrong.
A set of ready-to-use logos is available:
- Natural Environment Research Council
- British Antarctic Survey
- British Geological Survey
- Centre for Ecology & Hydrology
- National Centre for Atmospheric Science
- National Centre for Earth Observation
- National Oceanography Centre
- Other centres (Scottish Association for Marine Science, Tyndall Centre)
Logos for print use
Use the designated logo files for printed documents (not web versions) because the resolution of graphics must be much higher, and colours are slightly different from monitor screen colours.
Also please follow the instructions given in the guidance notes below.Logo guidelines (803KB)