Annual Science Meeting
Our Annual Science Meeting will be held at the University of Edinburgh, Pollack Halls, 18 Holyrood Park Road, Edinburgh from 6 July - 9 July 2009.
The meeting will consist of two main sessions:
- 6 July mid-day - 7 July mid-day: RAPID-WATCH meeting limited to the RAPID-WATCH PIs and the RAPID-WATCH Programme Advisory Group.
- 7 July mid-day - 9 July mid-day: RAPID-WATCH science meeting with oral and poster presentations on topics related to the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (AMOC) and its role in Rapid Climate Change.
This event is for the RAPID-WATCH and RAPID Science community and is an opportunity to present and discuss the latest research results from the two programmes. It will be the first RAPID-WATCH Science meeting so the main focus is on the individual projects' results with presentations from all main investigators.
Confirmed keynote speakers to address the conference are:
- Sybren Drijfhout ( KNMI, The Netherlands)
- Mike McPhaden (PMEL NOAA, USA)
- Josh Willis (NASA JPL, USA)
- Lloyd Keigwin (WHOI, USA)
Please use our online registration form to register. Registration deadline is 29 May 2009.
The deadline for abstract submissions is 11 May 2009.
For further details of this event please contact Jessica Batchelor.