Mathematics & Informatics for Environmental Omic Data Synthesis
Announcement of Opportunity: Advisory & Implementation Group
Closing date: 16:00 on 31 July 2012
The Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) invites applications from individuals interested in joining the Advisory & Implementation Group (AIG) for the Omics programme.
Further information and full details of the recruitment process are provided in the Announcement of Opportunity and Terms of Reference documents below.
Guidance for applicants
Applications are welcome from any UK-based or international individuals with relevant research or related backgrounds or interests who are able to make the necessary commitment to the research programme.
The programme will cover all reasonable travel and subsistence costs occurred through AIG membership responsibilities. The programme will not pay AIG members for their contributions.
The final choice of AIG membership will be made by the Programme Executive Board (PEB) and will be based on the following criteria (not in priority order):
- the Group's balance of representation across academic, stakeholder, international and co-funder communities;
- relevant expertise;
- cross-community knowledge;
- contacts and links;
- with attention to the mix of gender and ethnicity; and
- the applicant's track record.
The PEB reserves the right to appoint members to the AIG to achieve the balance of representation required.
The timetable is as follows:
- Open announcement issued for Expressions of Interest: 11 July 2012
- Deadline for Expressions of Interest: 31 July 2012
- Expert Group members invited by: 13 August 2012
- First Expert Group meeting to be held: 11-12 September 2012
The application includes sections on expertise, relevance and relationship to the research programme's aims, current and past membership of professional bodies, experience of RCUK operations, recent publications, and qualities and the values applicants would bring to the AIG.
How to submit an application
Please complete and submit the Expression of Interest form by 16:00 on 31 July 2012.
Queries should be directed to:
Tel: 01491 692271
Tel: 01491 692652