Mid-Term Review of the ESPA programme
DFID, NERC and ESRC are seeking to commission an independent external Mid-Term Review (MTR) of the Ecosystem Services for Poverty Alleviation (ESPA) programme. The Review is being managed by ESRC on behalf of the funders.
ESPA is a seven-year £40·5m investment. It aims to deliver high-quality, cutting-edge research that will improve understanding of the way ecosystems function, the services they provide and their relationship with the political economy and sustainable growth. ESPA's research will provide the evidence and tools to enable decision-makers to manage ecosystems sustainably and in a way that contributes to poverty alleviation.
The principal aims of the Review are as follows:
- Assurance that aims and objectives to date are being realised.
- Assessment of scientific quality and impact to date.
- Assessment of value for money added by the programme.
- Identification of changes/improvements going forward.
- Assessment of whether/how the programme is able to respond to new challenges and emerging risks in a changing context.
The review is taking place between July 2013 and February 2014 and will be undertaken by an independent consultant.
To find out more information about the review, and to receive a copy of the Review Brief, please contact Alistair Staunton-Lambert. The closing date for the submission of tenders is 12:00 on Thursday 18 July 2013.
About the programme
- ESPA home
- Events and announcements
- Awards, facts and figures
- ESPA website
- Economic & Social Research Council (ESRC)
- Department for International Development (DFID)
- Millennium Ecosystem Assessment (MA)
- ESPA Dgroup
- UK Collaborative on Development Sciences