Pre-announcement: Global Partnerships Seedcorn Fund 2018
1 March 2018
NERC is launching a new annual scheme, the Global Partnerships Seedcorn Fund, to support UK environmental science researchers to establish new collaborations with international partners. This scheme replaces NERC's International Opportunities Fund (IOF).
The Global Partnerships Seedcorn Fund will support UK environmental science researchers to develop new, 'best with best' international partnerships and networks, which underpin the development of long-term collaborations.
Key features of the scheme are:
- Standard NERC principal investigator eligibility rules apply. New investigators, who may not already have international research partners, are encouraged to apply.
- A single level of grant up to £100,000 (100% full economic cost) over two years, with a total annual budget of £1 million.
- One or more international project partners are mandatory.
- Proposals will be directly evaluated by an assessment panel of independent academic experts.
- An announcement of opportunity will be published annually in March and close in early May. Funding decisions will be made in July with awards to start from September.