Environment & Health Science Coordinator appointed
Dr David Hutchinson, Environment Facilitator for the University of Portsmouth Environment Network (UPEN), has been appointed as the Environment & Health Science Coordinator. Dr Hutchinson will be the Science Coordinator for both the Environmental Exposure & Health Initiative (EEHI) and Environmental & Social Ecology of Human Infectious Diseases (ESEI) programmes.
The initiatives, designed to contribute to protecting human, plant and animal health from diseases, pests and environmental hazards, have been launched under the umbrella of the Living With Environmental Change (LWEC) partnership.
David will be working with funding partners, researchers, and the wider policy and practice community, who are engaged with the EEHI and ESEI.
Dr Hutchinson said, "I am honoured and delighted to have been offered this position and am really excited about the challenges ahead. I shall be collaborating with some very talented researchers from across the country, who are working on very interesting and relevant projects. Developing our national capability in effective interdisciplinary research is a real passion of mine, and I look forward to finding ways to nurture the visions of ESEI and EEHI."
The role of the Science Coordinator is to work closely with the funded researchers and the funding agencies to achieve the programmes' vision by:
- supporting the developing interdisciplinary community;
- facilitating knowledge exchange between researchers and users;
- co-ordinating activities with other relevant initiatives;
- promoting the aims and achievements of the initiatives to the wider community; and
- providing support with programme management.
David begins this role with immediate effect, working for one day a week, initially for four years.
- EEHI: Natural Environment Research Council; Medical Research Council; Economic & Social Research Council; Department of Health; Department of Environment, Food, & Rural Affairs.
ESEI: Natural Environment Research Council; Medical Research Council; Economic & Social Research Council; Biotechnology & Biological Sciences Research Council.
- Environmental Exposure & Health Initiative
- Environmental & Social Ecology of Human Infectious Diseases
- Living With Environmental Change
- Biotechnology & Biological Sciences Research Council
- Department of Health
- Defra - The environment
- Economic & Social Research Council
- Medical Research Council
- University of Portsmouth Environment Network