New Year Honours
8 January 2013
The Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) extends warmest congratulations to colleagues who have received the Queen's New Year Honours in recognition of their outstanding services to science.
Congratulations go to:
Professor Joanna Haigh, Professor of Atmospheric Physics at Imperial College London, who is awarded the CBE for services to physics.
Professor James Prosser, who holds a Personal Chair in Microbiology at the University of Aberdeen. He receives an OBE for services to environmental science.
Professor Ian Bateman, Professor of Environmental Science & Economics at the University of East Anglia, and lead scientist for NERC's Valuing Nature Network programme. He receives an OBE for services to environmental science and policy.
Dr Miles Parker, Director, Strategic Evidence & Analysis, Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs and a member of the Living With Environmental Change Partners Board. He receives an OBE for services to improving Government science.
NERC Press Office
Natural Environment Research Council
Polaris House, North Star Avenue
Swindon, SN2 1EU
Tel: 01793 411561
Mob: 07917 557215
Briefing note: 02/13
Recent press news
- Billion-year-old water could hold clues to life on Earth and Mars
- New Director of Science for NERC
- Plants use underground networks to warn of enemy attack
- BIOMASS mission given go ahead to launch in 2020
- Dr Katharine Giles
- New Director for the British Antarctic Survey
- Plans to strengthen UK-Indian collaboration in Earth sciences and environmental research
- CryoSat-2 mission reveals major Arctic sea-ice loss
- UK and USA collaborate in airborne climate science projects
- New capital investments for NERC