Welsh Language Scheme consultation
27 February 2012
English | Cymraeg
Research Councils UK (RCUK) have prepared a draft Welsh Language Scheme in accordance with the Welsh Language Act 1993, through which the RCUK and the seven UK research councils will conduct our business.
Under Section 13 of the Act, RCUK have a duty to issue the draft scheme for public consultation "in order to ascertain views representative of both Welsh speaking and other members of the public who may be affected by the scheme". The consultation commences on 21 February and will end on 1 May 2012.
The scheme can be viewed on the RCUK website.
Comments on the draft scheme should be received by 1 May. Following this, the scheme will be finalised and submitted to the Welsh Language Board for final approval.
Head of Communications, RCUK
Tel: 01793 444474
1. Hard copies of the scheme are available on request by contacting Alexandra Saxon.
Briefing note: 02/12
Recent press news
- 42,000 research projects available to business and the public - Gateway launched
- Entrepreneurial scientists scoop prize money at competition finals
- NERC announces the winner of its first photo and essay competition
- NERC supports growth with responsible environmental management in energy sector
- Better modelling of tsunami zones could help insurance quotes
- NERC signs MoU with global engineering consultancy Arup
- NERC invests £100m in environmental science doctoral training
- New Earth and Marine Science and Technology centre
- Archaeologists rediscover the lost home of the last Neanderthals
- Killer whales may have menopause so grandma can look after the kids