Welsh Language Scheme consultation
27 February 2012
English | Cymraeg
Research Councils UK (RCUK) have prepared a draft Welsh Language Scheme in accordance with the Welsh Language Act 1993, through which the RCUK and the seven UK research councils will conduct our business.
Under Section 13 of the Act, RCUK have a duty to issue the draft scheme for public consultation "in order to ascertain views representative of both Welsh speaking and other members of the public who may be affected by the scheme". The consultation commences on 21 February and will end on 1 May 2012.
The scheme can be viewed on the RCUK website.
Comments on the draft scheme should be received by 1 May. Following this, the scheme will be finalised and submitted to the Welsh Language Board for final approval.
Head of Communications, RCUK
Tel: 01793 444474
1. Hard copies of the scheme are available on request by contacting Alexandra Saxon.
Briefing note: 02/12
Recent press news
- Billion-year-old water could hold clues to life on Earth and Mars
- New Director of Science for NERC
- Plants use underground networks to warn of enemy attack
- BIOMASS mission given go ahead to launch in 2020
- Dr Katharine Giles
- New Director for the British Antarctic Survey
- Plans to strengthen UK-Indian collaboration in Earth sciences and environmental research
- CryoSat-2 mission reveals major Arctic sea-ice loss
- UK and USA collaborate in airborne climate science projects
- New capital investments for NERC