New Year Honours
3 January 2012
The Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) extends warmest congratulations to colleagues who have received the Queen's New Year Honours in recognition of their outstanding services to scientific research.
Congratulations go to:
Professor Robert Watson, who holds a chair in environmental sciences at the University of East Anglia, is director of strategic development at the Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research, is chief scientific adviser at the UK Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs and is a member of NERC's Council, has received a knighthood.
Professor Judith Petts, dean of the Faculty of Social & Human Sciences at the University of Southampton, former member of the Royal Commission on Environmental Pollution and former member of NERC's Council, has been awarded the CBE.
NERC Press Office
Natural Environment Research Council
Polaris House, North Star Avenue
Swindon, SN2 1EU
Tel: 01793 411561
Mob: 07917 557215
Briefing note: 01/12
Recent press news
- NERC announces the winner of its first photo and essay competition
- NERC supports growth with responsible environmental management in energy sector
- Better modelling of tsunami zones could help insurance quotes
- NERC signs MoU with global engineering consultancy Arup
- NERC invests £100m in environmental science doctoral training
- New Earth and Marine Science and Technology centre
- Archaeologists rediscover the lost home of the last Neanderthals
- Killer whales may have menopause so grandma can look after the kids
- Iron in the Earth's core weakens before melting
- Science Minister announces projects to monitor ocean currents