Online repository opens
31 August 2007
The NERC online repository for research which opened in June now contains metadata or full text articles of over 600 documents and research papers. The Open Research Archive (NORA) stores outputs of NERC science.
NORA project manager, James Swaffield said, "One of the aims is to raise awareness of the science NERC does and to share science outputs to improve collaboration and scientific impact."
Currently only NERC's research centre staff are able to deposit items into NORA but the team hope to extend access to all NERC grant holders in 2008. Research centre scientists are obliged to deposit papers if funding started after October 2006. Prior to this date, submissions are welcome but not mandatory.
The archive is fully accessible online and free to submit and browse.
NERC Press Office
Natural Environment Research Council
Polaris House, North Star Avenue
Swindon, SN2 1EU
Tel: 01793 411561
Mob: 07917 557215
Recent press news
- Billion-year-old water could hold clues to life on Earth and Mars
- New Director of Science for NERC
- Plants use underground networks to warn of enemy attack
- BIOMASS mission given go ahead to launch in 2020
- Dr Katharine Giles
- New Director for the British Antarctic Survey
- Plans to strengthen UK-Indian collaboration in Earth sciences and environmental research
- CryoSat-2 mission reveals major Arctic sea-ice loss
- UK and USA collaborate in airborne climate science projects
- New capital investments for NERC