New Science Board members - 2016 appointments
21 January 2016
NERC has appointed seven new members to its Science Board to replace those who have completed their term.
The Science Board is NERC Council's main source of advice on scientific matters. It is responsible, among other things, for developing NERC's integrated science strategy and for advising on the balance of the science portfolio and advising on the strategic priority of funding new programmes and initiatives.
The new appointments, which started in January 2016, are:
- Professor David Vaughan - Director of Science, British Antarctic Survey.
- Dr Jenny Collier - Reader in Marine Geophysics, Imperial College London.
- Professor Rosie Hails - Director Biodiversity & Ecosystem Science, Centre for Ecology & Hydrology
- Professor Mathew Williams - Chair of Global Change Ecology, University of Edinburgh.
- Professor Susan Waldron - Professor of Biogeochemistry, University of Glasgow
- Professor Rowan Sutton - Director of Climate Research, National Centre for Atmospheric Science, University of Reading
New appointments from September 2016:
- Professor Lora Fleming - Director of the European Centre for Environment and Human Health, University of Exeter
NERC media office