Multiple biofluid and tissue types, from sample preparation to analysis strategies for metabolomics course
6-8 December 2017 (Wednesday - Friday)
Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre, School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham
This three-day course will provide a comprehensive overview of dealing with complex biological samples for LC-MS analysis. The course is targeted towards students and researchers who are actively applying metabolomics in their research. The course will be led by experts in the field and include:
- an overview of quenching and extraction strategies for different biological samples
- hands-on sample preparation using different sample types
- hands-on HILIC and reversed phase LC-MS data acquisition
- solid phase extraction clean up methods
- an overview of data analysis and metabolite identification
- an opportunity to ask questions and seek advice to prepare samples in your own research.
This course is free, including travel and accommodation, for PhD students and selected post-doctoral researchers funded by NERC.