Metabolomics with the Q Exactive course
6-8 November 2017 (Monday - Wednesday)
Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre, School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham
This three-day course will introduce the use of the Q Exactive mass spectrometer in metabolomics investigations. The course is aimed at students and researchers with minimal previous experience of applying LC-MS in metabolomics. The course will be led by experts in the field and include lectures, laboratory sessions and computer workshops to provide:
- an introduction to metabolomics and using the Q Exactive mass spectrometer in your studies
- polar and non-polar sample preparation for profiling and targeted studies
- data acquisition for profiling and targeted studies
- data processing and data analysis
- introduction to metabolite identification.
The course will finish with a question and answer session with a panel of experts.
This course is free, including travel and accommodation, for PhD students and selected post-doctoral researchers funded by NERC.