Metabolomics with the Q Exactive course
6-8 November 2017 (Monday - Wednesday)
Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre, School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham
This event has now closed
This three-day course introduced the use of the Q Exactive mass spectrometer in metabolomics investigations. The course was aimed at students and researchers with minimal previous experience of applying LC-MS in metabolomics. The course was led by experts in the field and included lectures, laboratory sessions and computer workshops and provided:
- an introduction to metabolomics and using the Q Exactive mass spectrometer in your studies
- polar and non-polar sample preparation for profiling and targeted studies
- data acquisition for profiling and targeted studies
- data processing and data analysis
- introduction to metabolite identification.
The course finished with a question and answer session with a panel of experts.
This course was free, including travel and accommodation, for PhD students and selected post-doctoral researchers funded by NERC.