Multiple biofluid and tissue types, from sample preparation to analysis strategies for metabolomics course - July 2018
23-25 July 2018 (Monday - Wednesday)
Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre, School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham
This three-day course will provide a comprehensive overview of dealing with complex biological samples for LC-MS analysis. The course is targeted towards students and researchers who are actively applying metabolomics in their research. The course will be led by experts in the field and include:
- an overview of quenching and extraction strategies for different biological samples
- hands-on sample preparation using different sample types
- hands-on HILIC and reversed phase LC-MS data acquisition
- solid phase extraction clean up methods
- an overview of data analysis and metabolite identification
- an opportunity to ask questions and seek advice to prepare samples in your own research.
The course is aimed at PhD students and post-doctoral researchers who have been actively applying metabolomics for a minimum of six months. If individuals would like to take the course but do not have the recommended level of experience please contact the course administrator for advice.
This course is free, including travel and accommodation, for PhD students and selected post-doctoral researchers funded by NERC (subject to availability).