Computational Environmental Metabolomics course
8-9 February 2017 (Wednesday - Thursday)
University of Birmingham
This event has now closed
This two-day NERC funded Advanced Training Short Course will provide a theoretical overview and hands-on training in the processing and analysis of metabolomics data. You will study specific case studies from the environmental sciences, learning the step-by-step processes that are applied in the data analysis pipeline. The course will be delivered using a combination of lectures and computer workshops, and time will be dedicated to answering questions and discussing your projects.
- an overview of the data processing pipeline
- principal component analysis, discriminant analysis and model validation
- univariate statistical analysis
- common misunderstandings in chemometrics and model interpretation
- computational metabolite annotation and identification
Registration fee: bursaries are available for NERC-funded scientist.
The closing date to apply for a NERC-funded bursary for the course is 27 January 2017.
Please direct any questions to Dr Cate Winder or Corina Filipescu at firstname.lastname@example.org.