NERC support for knowledge exchange
NERC promotes and encourages exchange of knowledge through its mainstream activities of
- publishing scientific papers and information notes
- training PhD students and postdoctoral scientists
- building formal and informal links with its user community, eg through meetings and conferences.
Commissioned research is a powerful driver for knowledge exchange, and NERC enables this by maintaining its network of research and collaborative centres.
NERC also provides funding for specific knowledge exchange activities including training, people and knowledge flow and networks; collaborative research with users; and commercialisation.
Knowledge exchange funding schemes
For help please contact email@example.com.
- train scientists to meet the needs of user communities
- encourage the exchange of staff
- result in better communication between research and user communities. More about training, people and knowledge flow and networks
Schemes that fund scientists to work jointly with users to produce knowledge benefiting both parties. More about collaborative research with users
Schemes that help scientists to commercialise their ideas. More about commercialisation