NERC promotes and encourages exchange of knowledge through its mainstream activities of:
- publishing scientific papers and information notes
- training PhD students and postdoctoral scientists
- building formal and informal links with its user community, eg through meetings and conferences.
NERC also provides funding for specific knowledge exchange activities including training, people and knowledge flow and networks; collaborative research with users; and commercialisation.
People & capacity
- Innovation Follow-on Pathfinder
- Innovation Follow-on call
- Innovation placements
- Regional Impact from Science of the Environment
Project highlights and impact
Innovation grant award-holders are asked to complete the below form at the end of their project in order to capture the key highlights and impact of their work.
If you would like to receive updates about innovation and knowledge exchange news and funding opportunities please sign up to the Innovation email alerts.