Understanding and influencing strategic priorities and investments
In many cases, scientists will have a better chance in successfully bidding for funding if they are able to demonstrate how their research will support NERC's strategic priorities. Below are a number of tips to help you gain a better understanding of NERC's strategic priorities and investments, and how to influence them.
- Read the NERC strategy and theme reports.
- Read theme action plans.
- Read how the NERC strategy will be delivered which also includes a useful strategy Q&A for NERC's stakeholders.
- Contact NERC strategy theme leaders. We recommend this should be done via their officers who are listed within each set of theme pages.
- Participate in NERC consultations and open meetings when opportunities arise - watch the consultation page for announcements.
- Participate through existing partnerships and networks, eg:
- Research Councils UK
- Bilateral meetings with government departments and agencies
- Participate through NERC advisory bodies and mechanisms, eg:
- Identify shared interests and priorities, and contribute co-funding.