Our staff come from all sorts of interesting backgrounds and do a wide variety of jobs. These case studies will give you an idea of the range and diversity of our work, our staff and our research students.
- Emma Bee
- Geographical Information Systems specialist
- Lyndsey Dodds
- Deep-sea corals researcher
- Flight operations manager and chief pilot
- John Kenny
- Physicist and instrumentation engineer
- Caroline Lewis
- Logistics co-ordinator in Antarctica
- Database and applications developer
- Kate Royse
- Field geology, computer modelling
- Ben Smith
- Communications administrator
An environmental science PhD can lead to careers in a wide variety of areas. A list of case studies of NERC-funded PhD studentships is also available.