Members profile and attributes
Depth of scientific expertise and breadth of capacity to advise on strategic issues are the hallmarks of a good SISB member.
- Members sit on SISB as individuals, rather than representing a particular organisation.
- SISB membership should represent a balance of interests across NERC's portfolio of science and innovation activities.
- Members will be appointed for an initial period of two years with the possibility of an extension of up to a further 2 years.
- Members are non-executive, receiving a small honorarium for attendance and reasonable travel and subsistence costs.
To follow, as a guide, is an indicative list of attributes that would help demonstrate the scientific depth and strategic breadth we are looking for from SISB members:
- a first rate environmental scientist
- knowledgeable about the Earth-system science approach
- knowledgeable about working at the boundaries of the environmental sciences and inter-disciplinary programmes (ie either cross-disciplinary or cross-Research Council in scope)
- working within or knowledgeable about user communities (private or the public sector) and hence informed about commercial/policy needs
- familiar with the issues relating to the use of NERC funded science innovation/exploitation, knowledge transfer and the impact agenda.
For further information please contact:
Tel: 01793 411647