NERC Executive Board
The NERC Executive Board (NEB) is responsible for:
- overall corporate management
- directing the development and implementation of Council's strategies, policies and decisions
- effective financial management
- developing and maintaining corporate information systems
- ensures that NERC is managed according to the required standards of accountability, regularity and propriety, achieving high standards of efficiency, effectiveness, economy and health and safety
NEB works with other research councils, and other bodies, on scientific and operational/administrative matters where there is benefit in doing so.
NEB members are appointed by the Chief Executive.
- Chairperson - NERC Chief Executive
- Directors of corporate functions
- Directors of Research Centres
- Directors of established Collaborative Centres
- Non-Executive Directors
Details of the structure of NEB and the groups that advise directors are available.
NEB does not get involved in managing individual business units (such as Research Centres and central functions). This is the responsibility of the relevant Director.
NEB currently meets every month.
NEB's full terms of reference are available.