As required by the Freedom of Information Act 2000, NERC has a publication scheme to help people access the information that we routinely publish. It tells you the format the information is available in and how you can access it.
In most cases this information is available free of charge and published on this website. Some types of information may be purchased from The Stationery Office or obtained from a public library. Where not already published, information will be supplied promptly when requested from us, by letter, fax or email. NERC does not charge for information it routinely publishes.
Under our publication scheme we provide the following classes of information:
- Annual Report & Accounts - view details of our income, expenditure, research centre funding, staff expenses and board member allowances.
- View NERC staff pay and grading information.
- Find out more about the research we fund on this website, and on other portals via our research outputs section.
- NERC's procurement is managed by UK Shared Business Services (UKSBS) - external link.
- Business performance management - how we plan and manage our activities and monitor progress towards our goals.
Information held in registers required by law and other lists and registers relating to the functions of the authority.
- NERC Council - member biographies and vested interests
The information will not generally include:
- information which we are prevented by law from disclosing, is exempt under the Freedom of Information Act, or is otherwise properly considered to be protected from disclosure
- information in draft form
- information that is no longer readily available because it has been archived or is difficult to access for similar reasons.