NERC Executive Board
The NERC Executive Board (NEB) is responsible for:
- overall corporate management
- directing the development and implementation of Council's strategies, policies and decisions
- effective financial management
- developing and maintaining corporate information systems
- ensuring that NERC is managed according to the required standards of accountability, regularity and propriety, achieving high standards of efficiency, effectiveness, economy and health and safety.
NEB works with other research councils, and other bodies, on scientific and operational / administrative matters where there is benefit in doing so.
NEB does not get involved in managing individual business units (such as research centres and central functions). This is the responsibility of the relevant director.
NEB currently meets every month.